The Hall Family Foundation considers support for programs that fit the grantmaking strategy and meet specific review criteria.
Preference is given to programs that:
- Create long term solutions;
- Respond to and positively impact the community;
- Promote excellence;
- Have the capacity to achieve the desired results through leadership, management and financial resources;
- Are innovative and catalytic;
- Have the likelihood of future support for ongoing operating costs;
- Don’t compete with government programs; and
- Cooperate with other community resources and agencies.
Areas of Exclusion:
- Organizations outside the greater Kansas City area;
- Political parties, candidates or political activities;
- International organizations;
- Religious organizations where the primary purpose is promotion of specific religious doctrine;
- Scholarly research;
- Past operating deficits or debt reduction;
- Event promotion (i.e., golf tournaments, walk-a-thons, etc.); or
- Travel or conference expenses.
- Groups classified by the IRS as 509(a)(3) supporting organizations.