Hall Family Foundation Scholarship Program
Full-time, active employees of Hallmark and its subsidiaries may nominate their children, step-children or close relatives for scholarships of $750 a semester for up to eight semesters of undergraduate studies.
Eligible close relatives include:
Part-time, active employees of Hallmark Cards, Inc. who work at least 20 hours a week may also nominate their own children or step-children.
Presidents and vice presidents of Hallmark Cards, Inc. who are elected by the Board of Directors of Hallmark Cards, Inc. are not eligible to nominate their own children or relatives.
- Nominees must be high school seniors or undergraduate college students
- Nominees are required to submit transcripts (both high school and college – if current college student) which include the current fall semester grades
- High school seniors and college freshman must rank in the upper one-third of their high school class scholastically
- Nominees must take or have taken the SAT or ACT
- Nominees must submit a letter of recommendation
- Nominees must enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student
- Nominees must be citizens of the United States
- Nominees must be currently attending or plan to attend a school located in the United States
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND PROCEDURES TO NOMINATE AND APPLY
- The nominating employee completes the nomination form below and receives an email confirming their submission has been received. The nominee will also receive an email, using the email address provided by the nominator, with a unique link to gain access to the application form.
- The nominee completes the application and uploads the required documents (ACT/SAT scores, transcripts and recommendation letter).
- The nominee will then submit the application to be considered.
- The nominee may also save their application and return later to complete it. The nominee will receive an email with a URL to return to their application.
- Applications from students who fail to provide all requested information by the deadline (January 31, 2020) may be delayed or disqualified.
- Nominees are required to provide:
- A copy of high school transcript (with most current fall semester grades)
- A copy of college transcript (if current college student – with most current fall semester grades)
- A copy of ACT or SAT scores
- A letter of recommendation
**Only PDFs will be accepted. All transcripts must be received directly from the student. Student is responsible for obtaining transcripts and test scores and forwarding them directly to HFF.**
- December 10:Nomination deadline
- January 31:Application deadline
- Mid-May:Notification letters mailed
- July:Scholarship payments mailed
$750 per semester for up to eight semesters of undergraduate studies
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERA
- Proven academic merit as reflected in GPA, class rank and ACT/SAT
- Potential for success in college
- Demonstrated leadership and community involvement
- Letter of recommendation
A selection board consisting of three Kansas City area community leaders in the field of education will select the recipients.
Debbie Whiles | email@example.com | 816.274.4994
P.O. Box 419580, Mail Drop 323, Kansas City, MO 64141
NOMINATE A STUDENT
To nominate a student, please complete the form below: